What makes the perfect burger?
We only use the best ingredients in our burgers from the softest brioche bun to succulent burgers sourced from family-owned butchers Aubrey Allen. Read more on how to assemble the best ever-tasting burger with our easy to follow guide. A chilled beer is optional!
- 4 course cut burgers, preferably dry-aged.
- 4 slices Comté cheese
- 4 brioche buns
- Garlic Mayonnaise (add to taste)
- Handful of freshly-shredded iceburg lettuce
- 4 slices of thick cut beef tomato
- 2 large gherkins sliced thinly lengthwise
- Good quality tomato chutney (add to taste)
- Heat a heavy based ridged grill pan on the hob ( or if you're willing to brave the winter chill fire up the barbeque!). Burgers are best cooked for a short time on a high heat.
- Season the burgers with salt and pepper
- Lay the burgers seasoned side down in the hot pan and cook for three minutes.
- Season the top of the burgers, turn and cook for a further 4 minutes for medium rare or five minutes for medium
- Take the base of each bun and place on a plate and you can then start to build your burger!
- We like... layer of garlic may, lettuce, tomato, gherkin, chutney, burger with cheese on top.... but half the fun is in finding your perfect layering combo!
- Place the top of the bun on top of your creation and serve with crispy fries and plenty of ketchup and mayo to dunk your chips in.
- Tuck in!